A great pleasure to have. Record up to 220 hrs of TV. Pause,slow, rewind and fast forward live TV. Get Catch up and watch a series all weekend.
Box offices movies are a lot cheaper than the big screen and the popcorn is better! Movies are available for 48hrs so the kids can watch again and again.
- Remote Recording
- DStv Catch Up
- Recording Space
Single View HD
Control what your kids can watch with Parental Control Single View HD
The Single View HD Decoder (DStv HD Decoder) is HD capable, Dolby Digital 5.1 Capable and comes with a brand new user interface (all the screens and menus you use when watching TV). It also has great search features (making it easy for you to find something to watch), plus an 8 day TV Guide and the ability to control what your kids can watch with Parental Control.
- Watch all the action in crystal clear HD**
- Plan your viewing with the 8 day TV Guide
- Easily find something to watch with the great search options
- Press i on any channel to display the i-Plate and then scroll down to check out what’s on for the next 24 hours
- Set reminders for your favourite shows
- Control what your kids can watch with Parental Control
- Set up your Favourite Channels (no more surfing across all channels when looking for your favourite one)
- Link your DStv HD to another XtraView capable decoder to get access to two different channels in your home at the same time
** HD channels are only available on selected packages. HD viewing is only available when the device is connected to a HD TV via HDMI. XtraView requires the payment of an additional Access Fee per month.
DStv WiFi Connector
The DStv WiFi Connector is a device that links your DStv Explora to the router in your home. It does so easily and wirelessly. By linking your DStv Explora to the internet, you get access to Connected Services – namely DStv Catch Up Plus and Remote Recordings.
Three DSTV pictures – One contract.
A cost effective solution to remote wars. Three decoders on the same contract.
Conveniently installed by Reliance Tv and activated for no extra charge (if you already have Explora functionality) by Multichoice.
The following decoders can be linked in XtraView:
- 11 series + 11 series DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 11 series + DStv HD Decoder DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 11 series + 4 tuner HD PVR DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 11 series + HD PVR 2P/2U DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 11 series + DStv Explora DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv HD Decoder + DStv HD Decoder DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv HD Decoder + 4 tuner HD PVR DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv HD Decoder + HD PVR 2P/2U DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv HD Decoder + DStv Explora DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 4 tuner HD PVR + SD PVR* DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 4 tuner HD PVR + 4 tuner HD PVR DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 4 tuner HD PVR + HD PVR 2P/2U DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- 4 tuner HD PVR + DStv Explora DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- HD PVR 2P/2U + SD PVR* DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- HD PVR 2P/2U + HD PVR 2P/2U DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- HD PVR 2P/2U + DStv Explora DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv Explora + DStv Explora DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv Explora + SD PVR* DStv Subscription + Access Fee
- DStv Explora + DStv Explora + DStv Explora** DStv Premium Subscription + Access Fee + Access Fee
- DStv Explora + DStv Explora + DStv HD Decoder** DStv Premium Subscription + Access Fee + Access Fee
- DStv Explora + DStv HD Decoder + DStv HD Decoder** DStv Premium Subscription + Access Fee + Access Fee
*SD PVR can only be the secondary decoder. **Primary decoder must be a DStv Explora.
Important XtraView Information
- The recommended installation for most XtraView set-ups is a DStv Smart LNB together with an 80cm satellite dish. Please chat to your local DStv Accredited Installer for more info.
- When linking your decoders in XtraView, all decoders get all the channels you’re subscribed to. Example: if you’re subscribed to both DStv Premium and DStv Indian, you’ll get all those channels on all decoders.
- Each decoder operates independently. Example: if you rent a movie on a PVR in your XtraView set-up, it will only be available for viewing on that one decoder. Similarly, if you have multiple DStv Exploras in your set-up and they are connected to the internet, you will need to specify the individual decoder when setting remote recordings.
- If you have more than one DStv Explora and want to connect all of them to the internet (for more DStv Catch Up, ShowMax and Remote Recordings) each decoder needs its own connection to the internet.
- When you set up XtraView you’ll be asked which decoder should be the ‘primary’ one (the others are then referred to as ‘secondary’ decoders). Making that decision is an important one. Here’s why:
In XtraView, the primary decoder is the one which sends the “heartbeat” to the secondary decoder(s).
When decoders are connected in XtraView, there is no difference in their functionality, ie the features remain the same regardless of whether primary or secondary.
When linking three decoders together, the primary decoder MUST be a DStv Explora.
If linking the SD PVR in XtraView, this decoder cannot be the primary decoder.
When linked in XtraView, the secondary decoder(s) will NOT work if the primary decoder is removed or switched off, or if the heartbeat is no longer received for any reason (the heartbeat can also be impacted by interference or cabling errors).
The primary decoder continues to work even if the secondary decoder is not working or if the link is broken.
If you regularly take one of your decoders on holiday, it’s recommended that you select that decoder as the primary.
As a break in heartbeat, for whatever reason, disables the secondary decoder(s), it’s best to make your HD PVR or DStv Explora the primary decoder to avoid losing recordings when you are not home (this applies to any XtraView set-up which includes either a DStv Explora or HD PVR.)
If you are only linking two decoders and your XtraView set-up includes a DStv Explora, we recommend making it the primary one. That will make it easier to add a third decoder at a later stage.